Monday, October 24, 2011

Glimpses of a life

My uncle and aunt sent some lovely scanned photos from my Grandmother's things last week (thanks J and D!), and I thought I'd share some of the life of my Grandmother.  It makes me think (or hope) that one day, my grand-daughter will be looking through the photos of my life, and thinking about how I was a whole person, and about all the things I did and thought.

I'm missing my grandma tonight.

My grandparent's wedding.

Still in England, with my father!

Australia, with my uncle and father, looking fab!

I don't know when or where, but like the shot!


In England.
^^That shot sums up my Grandma, travelling, alone, facing straight at life, and interested in interesting things!

My uncle, Grandma, my sis and me, in the 80s.



3 comments:

Serendips said...

What beautiful photos!

Unknown said...

Lovely lovely photos, thank you for sharing them Selene :)

I wish my Grandma had met my kids.

Selene said...

Thanks xo. And I'm so glad Lolly met her, too, though I don't know that she'll remember it. I know it meant so much to my Grandma! Lolly is her only great-grandchild.