Friday, May 20, 2011

On alone time, but not in a good way...

From his last trip to Copenhagen.
DinnerDad is off overseas again for work *le sigh* and I have a houseful of childlers!  He is in London, Copenhagen and Milan for two weeks.  As I may have complained stated during his last trip, I firmly regard 35 hours in transit in business class with free gourmet food, movies, sleep in a cool pod, and NO KIDS to look after to be just this side of heaven. He may have muttered some hastily stifled disagreement, I couldn't quite make it out...  Perhaps the two days of free time on his arrival in Milan will soothe those travel woes.  There better be a good present *trails off muttering* 

 It's very odd timing, in all the years we've been together, he's only been away in a Snail week maybe three times.  And now we've had two months in a row with him away a full week in a Snail week.  Thank the powers that be, that's it for this year.  While he's often away when we don't have Snail, when Snail is here, it's exhausting, being the only grown up.  I geared up this week by washing everything not tied down, stocking up on meals and food of all kinds, filling the car with petrol, and generally getting crap organised so all I have to do is dress, bathe, feed, and maintain the girls.  Or that's the plan. 

At least this trip I don't have NO KITCHEN and am not then getting the kitchen installed during that week.  That was fun.  Or something.  We ate creatively that week!

Anyhoo, after the Snail has her week with me, Lolly and I are off on an exciting holiday with Nanna and Pop, and my sister Jubes (who is a rather special Air Force Graduate very soon!).  Can't wait for family lurv.  Though I did have to buy some warm clothes.  We're not really into the heavy jackets and what-not here in the sub-tropics.  Apparently it's cold there!

Nanna, Lolly, Smash, Me and Pop on our recent trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be pleased to know that my flight from Singapore to London has been delayed for some 4 hours.and my traveling colleagues are not at the same FF status as me, so I was forced to slum it in Business Lounge and not First Lounge. So by my reckoning it's not 3am home time, 1am local time in Singapore, and the flight is not due to leave until 2:45. So will get in to London around 9am. What a weird thing time is ...

Stacey said...

Hey let me know if you want some help/company this week. I miss you!

Selene said...

*waves at DinnerDad* He is now triple overhead super Platinum frequent flyer. I'm pretty sure they let him fly the plane, now.

@Stacey - yay! I emailed you xo