Sunday, February 14, 2016

Blogging, what is it good for?

I haven't written here in ages, but "Blog" keeps appearing on my to-do lists and goals every year.  But why?  I'm not in it to be an influencer, to make money, or to propagate a movement.  I'm not a writer, I don't really have any advice, and I only rant sporadically, if at all... So why do it?

It's taken me a while to find an answer to this question, and for me that answer is memory.  This blog has been our family history archive since we had Lolly, nearly 8 years ago.  Despite lying fallow for a couple of years now, there is a ton of history in these virtual pages.  And so much of that history is things I never would have otherwise marked or remembered.  Little things.  "Doings."  And that's what attracts me to keep blogging.  It took me a couple of years to work out what was important to me about blogging, and what I missed, exactly, about not blogging.  So I'm setting a goal around writing here again.  I'm pretty sure that one day, looking back, I'm going to be glad I did.

Our family has got a fair bit older since we last talked, my step-son, Smash, is 20 now; Snail is about to turn 17 (!!) and Lolly, the youngest, is nearly 8 (that "nearly" is super important!).  We're a little older and a little wiser, and still plodding along.

Lolly, an Arctic Fox


To anyone still reading this, HI, and I'll be seeing you soon.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Look who popped up in my feed reader! :))))

mybkexperience said...

I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
An excellent blog.
Great work!